Troy has been the Member for Mount Gambier since the 2014 State election, when he won the seat of Mount Gambier with a swing of 7.7 percent.
He was re-elected by a strong majority as an Independent in both 2018 and 2022.
Living in country South Australia all his life, Troy understands the issues and challenges that face rural people and strives to ensure the state's regions are fairly represented at a state level.
With strong community links and a proactive approach, Troy is always willing to listen to the ideas and opinions of others and is committed to working hard on behalf of his electorate.
Since he was elected, Troy has ensured commitments and promises are delivered. Through Troy’s advocacy and hard work, a 10-year moratorium on fracking has been legislated, ensuring the future protection of valuable Limestone Coast farmland.
Further achievements include:
- $10m for the Mount Gambier Community and Recreation Hub
- $2.1m renal dialysis upgrade for Mount Gambier Hospital
- Reinstatement of palliative care services for Limestone Coast
- Wireless / Penola Road intersection upgrade
- Meningococcal B vaccination program
- MRI machine for Mount Gambier
- $3m in additional funding for PATS
- MFS to seven days
- $4m for Mount Gambier Airport upgrade
- Mount Gambier Rail trail extension
- Inquiry into forestry industry
- Reinstatement of nationwide ambulance cover
- Mobile black spot funding
Troy is always looking for new ways to continue progressing the Mount Gambier electorate. For current campaigns, click here.
Before politics, Troy was both a businessman and educator, however his proudest role has always been as husband to Michaela and father to their three children.