Fact: If you live in South Australia, you are the least likely in the nation to be prescribed medicinal cannabis.
However, medicinal cannabis products have been legally available since November, 2016.
This year, I’m pushing for legislative change around these products to ensure South Australians have access to the best treatment options available.
Points of discussion:
• The most current information on medical cannabis in South Australia;
• Current barriers to patient access/availability of products;
• Misinformation around recreational/medicinal cannabis;
• Legislative change and jurisdictional challenges;
• Introduce upcoming South Australian manufacturers;
• The latest research and studies/clinical trials;
• Employment/skills opportunities for our region.
South Australia’s first regional Medicinal Cannabis Forum was due to be held in Mount Gambier in 2020, however unfortunately had to be cancelled due to ongoing Covid restrictions and border closures.
I believe 2021 is going to be a big year for legislative and social change around these products.
I want my electorate to be informed and educated on the latest developments in this industry.