Fact: If you live in South Australia, you are the least likely in the nation to be prescribed medicinal cannabis.
However, medicinal cannabis products have been legally available since November, 2016.
This year, I’m pushing for legislative change around these products to ensure South Australians have access to the best treatment options available.
I’m organising South Australia’s first regional Medicinal Cannabis Forum to be held in Mount Gambier in 2020. There will be two sessions, one for the general public during the evening and another for GPs/police/councils/community stakeholders during the day.
Points of discussion:
• The most current information on medical cannabis in South Australia;
• Current barriers to patient access/availability of products;
• Misinformation around recreational/medicinal cannabis;
• Legislative change and jurisdictional challenges;
• Introduce upcoming South Australian manufacturers;
• The latest research and studies/clinical trials;
• Employment/skills opportunities for our region.
I believe 2020 is going to be a big year for legislative and social change around these products.
I want my electorate to be informed and educated on the latest developments in this industry.
Stay tuned to this page for booking details and updates.